Friday, November 9, 2012

Using imovie on Mac

Last week I had my first attempt at creating a video and editing it in imovie.  I filmed some friend's kids in a playground demonstrating different position words, downloaded the video simply by plugging the camera into the computer (so easy).  Opened up the files using the camera icon and dragged them onto the project screen.  From there it was simply a matter of cutting the clips by clicking on them and dragging the yellow frame to delete sections that I didn't want.  I added some words by clicking on the world symbol, inserting some green frames and then adding text (the T button).  I also added some freeze frames to act like photographs - you'll find a video on You Tube about how to do it at 

                   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-7gfH_zVJc

I clicked on a theme and added some music by locating a track in 'garage', saving it in itunes, clicking on the music icon and dragging it onto my movie (be sure you make it a long audio track in garage before you save it as you can always cut it if it is too long).  Finally I uploaded it to You Tube by clicking the Share button.  So here it is (I don't know why You Tube has this picture as the opening clip - or why it is blurred?).  It was lots of fun and very satisfying although my daughter who is a professional editor thinks I still have a long way to go!

                           
  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment